Xero rostering software add-ons ensure that your business is always adequately staffed at the appropriate time – enabling you to increase productivity and reduce expenses. Not to mention, they can also boost employee satisfaction.
Even for small to mid-sized businesses, managing and overseeing employees can be challenging when considering employee availability, sick days, weekend shifts, etc. To help you get rid of these stumbling blocks, what you need is innovative work rostering software that integrates seamlessly with your accounting software, such as Xero.
There are several Xero rostering software options that integrate easily. In this article we will focus on the 3 most popular ones: RosterElf, Microkeeper and Planday. We will discuss their features and benefits so you can decide for yourself which one will be the best fit for your business.
Our team of bookkeepers are experts at using Xero bookkeeping software. If you need assistance setting up rostering software to integrate seamlessly with Xero, contact us on 1300 728 875 or send us a message.
When you use RosterElf with Xero, managing small and large teams becomes much more manageable. With their award interpreter all calculations are automatic, reducing the chance for human errors and ensuring your business is Fair Work compliant. This feature makes the process seamless.
If you’re looking to process payroll in Xero, the RosterElf Xero Integration is for you.
Benefits of Using RosterElf Xero Rostering Software Add-on
- Save Time – With automatic award interpretation and pay templates, save hours processing payroll.
- Save Money – Using their live budgeting tool and time tracking, save money and meet your budget.
- Minimise Errors – Avoid human errors and ensure Fair Work compliance.
With Microkeeper you will save hours with automated online rostering, letting employees indicate availability and interest within the app and enabling you to easily keep track of budgets. Being cloud-based, Microkeeper is accessible wherever you are and provides an integrated solution with time and attendance tools, and payroll.
Benefits of Using Microkeeper Xero Rostering Software Add-on
- Automated Rostering – Automatically fill your shifts with the right staff members. Microkeeper’s Auto-Roster feature considers availability, skills, compliance provisions, and budgets to build the perfect roster in seconds.
- Shift Bidding – Release unassigned shifts to your team and build a roster based on their availability and interest. Choose from different parameters to work a schedule. For example, budgets, experience, or just ‘first in, best dressed’.
- Job Costing while Rostering – Having payroll and rosters all in one spot means the Microkeeper payroll engine calculates the exact amounts you’ll be paying employees, all in real time while you roster.
- Built-in Break Compliance – Automated break rostering ensures the right breaks are scheduled based on predefined rules specific to your business, modern employment awards or Enterprise Bargaining Agreements (EBAs).
Planday integrates with Xero, as well as other accounting solutions and third-party workforce-related apps, to deliver a real-time view of staffing needs and payroll costs alongside key business performance metrics. It also helps to address the changing nature of work, with employers and employees increasingly adopting flexible arrangements.
Not sure how to go from manual processes to cloud-based software? Planday helps you get set up correctly with a free onboarding session and loads of video and tutorial articles to help you troubleshoot or answer any questions.
- Schedule staff based on availability, skills and costs
- Employees can swap, drop/pick-up shifts and request leave
- Monitor staff costs and shift patterns continuously
- Manage rosters with contract hours, award rules and breaks
- Pay staff based on hours worked and award rules and breaks
- All hours and awards earnings are synced to Xero Payroll
- Message colleagues, swap shifts or find replacements in a click
- See payslips, clock in and out, request leave, view roster
- Stay up-to-date with the company news and event feed.
Benefits of Using Planday Xero Rostering Software Add-on
- Fast and Flexible Roster – Make sure you’ve got the right person in the right place, at the right time.
- Improved Compliance Confidence – Easily roster and pay staff with Planday’s built-in award interpretation.
- Automated Time and Attendance Tracking – Allow employees to easily clock in and out using the employee app. Use the Kiosk app for tablets to set up a punch-clock station on site and allow for a fast and more convenient sign-in, with a secret password. You can also set up punch-clock rules by location or IP address to ensure employees can only clock in once they’re near or at work.
- Smarter Communications – Quickly message or SMS individuals or groups of employees to keep everyone on the same page. You can also write shift notes and send updates to staff members when they clock-in so everyone knows about specific tasks for that shift or important updates.
- Better Leave and Absence Management – Easily manage and review leave requests from your team and approve or decline requests at your discretion.
- Optimised Business Performance – Using Planday’s reporting feature, monitor most of your staff costs and shift patterns to efficiently plan rosters to meet revenue targets without over-staffing. Planday integrates with Square & Vend POS to automatically import your real-time sales revenue so you can compare most of your labour costs and improve future employee schedules to help maximise profits.
Still looking for more information on the best rostering software to use with Xero? Check out our other articles: